Tuesday, January 11, 2011

“Fatheadz Slash Sunglasses Review”

ADVERTISEMENT

“Fatheadz Slash Sunglasses Review”


Fatheadz Slash Sunglasses Review

Posted: 10 Jan 2011 11:40 AM PST

With CES going on we haven't had a product review up in a week or two now. Today I am going to look at a new pair of sunglasses that come from a company called Fatheadz. The Fatheadz glasses I was sent are the Slash frames in matte black and they are one of the smaller sets of glasses from a company specializing in shades for people with giant craniums. Read on for all of the details.

Specifications

The Fatheadz Slash sunglasses are 5.82-inches wide and billed as one of the smaller frames form the company. They are wider than most other sunglasses I have ever owned. The fames measure 148mm wide, the lenses ate 71mm wide, the bridge of is 21mm wide, the lens height is 41mm, and the lenses are polarized as well. Despite the polarized lenses, the Fatheadz Slash glasses sell for $36.25.

In Use

The frames of the Fatheadz Slash are matte black plastic and despite the fact that I have a normal skull and these are wider frame glasses they fit me pretty well. I didn't feel like they might slip off if I looked straight down for an extended period, but that never happened. They are comfortable to wear in normal use and the polarized lenses are great.

I normally wear a pair of Oakley sunglasses without polarized lenses and the difference between plain tinted plastic lenses and polarized was readily apparent when I put the Fatheadz Slash on. I really like the style of the glasses too they look very good. The thing that really stands out about these shades is that they are cheap. For a touch over $36 for what I would consider premium glasses is very cheap, a pair of Oakley shades will cost you $250 on the low end and can cost you much more than that.

Since I have a normal size head, I let my cousin with a giant cranium try these on. He has a hard time finding sunglasses that fit him and the Fatheadz Slash worked well for him. I told him that they have wider fames even and he was going to go check them out. Fatheadz has a wide range of styles that vary in price depending on the style and the lenses. The cheapest price on the site that I saw was right at $29 with the most expensive set at around $90.

Some of the models have metal frames, but most are plastic and they come in a wide range of colors. You can also get the frames with prescription lenses inside and they make a line of goggles as well.

Verdict

Pros

  • Look good
  • Comfortable
  • Polarized lenses are very clear

Cons

  • The glasses felt like they might slide off my normal size head

 

Conclusion

The Fatheadz Slash are aimed at people that have a hard time finding sunglasses to fit their faces. If you have worn the same worn out shades for years simply because they fit, give the Fatheadz Slash or another style a shot.

 

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read our FAQ page at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php
Five Filters featured site: So, Why is Wikileaks a Good Thing Again?.

No comments:

Post a Comment